The Department of Higher Education Evaluation (DHEE) is a subdivision of the National Agency for Quality Assurance in Education and Research established in accordance with the provisions of the legislative and normative framework in force with distinct attributions of external quality assurance in higher education. With the creation of the National Agency for Quality Assurance in Education and Research by Government Decision no. 201/2018, DHEE took over the attributions previously carried out by the Department of Higher Education Evaluation and the Department of Higher Education Accreditation within the National Agency for Quality Assurance in Professional Education (2015-2018).
The mission DHEE is to implement the state policies in the area of competence assigned and to contribute to ensuring the quality of educational services in the field of higher education based on national and international standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
- elaboration of the methodology and criteria of the external evaluation for authorization of provisional operation and accreditation of the study programs and of the higher education institutions;
- external evaluation of the quality of study programs and higher education institutions for the purpose of for authorization of provisional operation or their accreditation;
- external evaluation of the quality of doctoral study programs and doctoral schools;
- elaboration of the methodology for ranking higher education institutions in the Republic of Moldova;
- fulfilment of other attributions deriving from the provisions of the normative framework in the field of activity of the Agency;